No. 1 McDonalds Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Coverage: Sunday, 5 p.m. ET on Fox, PRN, Sirius XM Channel 90
Jamie McMurray’s Cup Series record at the 1.5-mile Charlotte Motor Speedway:
32 Cup starts
8 Top-five finishes
12 Top-10 finishes
15.9 Average finish (ranks 5th best among active tracks)
- McMurray’s No. 1 Chevrolet will carry the name of fallen USAF Staff Sergeant Scott Sather, who hailed from Clio, Michigan.
- McMurray has two victories at Charlotte Motor Speedway, both in the fall race.
- McMurray became the fastest driver to record a Cup Series victory when he won the fall race at Charlotte in 2002, while subbing for an injured Sterling Marlin.
- McMurray’s best finish in the Coca-Cola 600 was second in 2010.
- In his previous 32 starts, McMurray has an average start of 22.1 and average finish of 15.9 at CMS. He’s led a total of 283 laps.
“It’s so important to manage your equipment and try to maintain track position during the Coke 600. You have to be able to keep up with the changes to the track as it goes from day to night, but if you aren’t good enough in the daytime, it’s pretty easy to go a lap down. Hopefully we can keep making gains on it, and continue to improve, as I really enjoy racing at Charlotte. This is one of my favorite races of the year, and really my favorite days of the year for racing, with F1 from Monaco in the morning and the Indy 500 at noon. Great day to be a race fan. I’ve said it before, but it’s also really cool to see how our industry comes together to honor those that made the ultimate sacrifice on Memorial Day weekend. I’m proud to be a part of it.”